Friday, November 30, 2012

35 Weeks, 5 Days - Wow! 12 Weeks To Go?!?

I'm amazed I'm here!  Only 12 weeks to go?  Seriously?  I had no idea until the doctor told me at my Mayo Clinic appointment today.

I remember the first 12 weeks.  It felt like week 36 was an eternity away. Yet, here I am!

12 weeks to go.  Wow. Should I start the count down?  It's been a help to me NOT to count down.  That way, I don't get anxious for it to end.  I mean - why?

What good does being anxious bring?  I mean, I can't speed up time with it.  It'll only make the journey that much more excruciating to walk out.  So, I liked no knowing how much time I had left. 

Today, it's ok that I now know I have 12 weeks left.  I'm not anxious about it.  Yeah! And, I'm careful NOT to say "only 12 weeks left." That's a setup. ;)

In other words, I don't even know the exact end date.  I'm asked that all the time now.  And it feels good to say "I don't know.  And I'm glad I don't know.  It'll get here when it gets here."  :)

Meanwhile, I accept each day as it comes, and fit myself into it.  I fit myself into it - NOT by adapting my ways to every pressure and whim of the world around me - but by yielding to good self-care and by asking God for the wisdom to know my priorities and the courage to do them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment